It’ summertime, which means beautiful weather, lots of sunshine, and unfortunately, pests. During the summer season insects and bugs tend to try and move indoors to escape some of the summer heat, leaving us dealing with these pests. While there’s no way to eliminate all pest annoyances, here’s some tips on keeping your home or office controlled this season.
- Keep your landscaping trimmed. Making sure that your landscaping is not getting overgrown is a great way to eliminate bug infestations. Leaving your landscaping overgrown can create a fantastic place for bugs and insects to live around your building.
- Empty your trash cans regularly. Whether you’re in an office building or in your home, pests are drawn to areas with trash around, so taking it out frequently can help.
- Eliminate areas of standing water. When puddles gather in parking garages or parking lots, they are great areas for pests to live. Eliminating them can keep pests under control during the rainy, hot summer months.
- Check to make sure your windows and doors are sealed properly. Bugs and insects can creep through any small opening in your windows and doors. During the warm summer months it is nice to open the windows that are screened in and let in some fresh air. However insects can find a way in through small cracks and holes in the screens, so be sure to check them before you use them this season.
- Lastly, keep up with your annual termite inspection. This can be an easy step to forget, but getting an inspection before the summer season can help control any pests that might try to create a ‘buzz’ during the summer.
As the warm weather quickly approaches, it is important to go over these tips as soon as possible to prepare for a pest-free summer season. To schedule an inspection with IPM, give us a call at (502)-456-4416.